Both of my kids sing a lot. They may sing quietly or loudly; they are as likely to start singing before they get out bed in the morning as they are to sing while in the bathroom. Usually the songs are entirely improvised.
Luke, age 7, is especially fond of this, so I am going to try noting some of his more interesting works. In the past month, his songs have included the following lyrics:
- Chicken is the base word.
- Toga toga toga! Strut strut strut!
- You’re a talking toilet and I’m about to flush.
- I’ve got a sock in my ear, my ear, my ear.
- We could fly to the moon, if I kicked you hard enough.